The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

This little life.

The past few weeks have been very busy, crazy, and emotional.
Sometimes when I write I think, maybe I should just stick to topics concerning foster care, that is what I am mainly doing this blog for now. But then I think, no that wouldn't be honest. My life isn't all foster care. Sure that is a huge part of things, but we have many parts that make us up. Foster care is our mission field. Jesus is our life.

So a week ago I took a trip, me and the SIX kids to visit family and friends on the other side of the mountain. I let everyone know ahead of time my schedule, where I would be, as in whose house, and when. Yes, we were going from house to house. A night here, a night there. I will not do that ever again. I will stay at one place. For the most part it was great. However, some people just don't understand the trials of parenting, alone, and having to worry about migraines etc. I am tired of having to defend my previous decisions to people who should be supportive, who should be joyful. I am weary of being beaten down by those who should love you the most. I am sad to say that I learned a hard lesson on this trip. Sometimes, no matter how nice you are, no matter what you do and how many times you forgive, sometimes people are just mean. And that folks, is the saddest revelation. When you realize, that sometimes people are just mean. They just say things to cut, to hurt, to manipulate. Then all you are left with is sadness.

After returning from our trip hubby and I had an anniversary away. And by away, I mean we found places for all the kiddos and hid out in the house. Yep, that's right. We had a stay-cation and it was AMAZING!!! We hit the locals antique shops, grabbed some local sales, and food. Then had a movie marathon instead of going to the theater. I had such a great weekend that I want to do the exact same thing next year. I loved being able to snuggle with my hubby all weekend long. While all the kiddos where gone having fun in different places the youngest who has been with us for a little over two months was staying with his sibling in that foster home. As it turns out that placement decided they were able to keep our little guy and keep the siblings together. That is really great for the two of them. They are happy to be together. The sibling is just a little bit older than him and always happy to see him.
Goodbye's are always sad though. Today as we dropped the rest of his clothes off, he obviously recognized us, and was happy to see us. The kids all giggling and surrounding him. All of getting our hugs in.Then he watched us as we drove away, with a confused look, like... hey there goes my people. But he is in a good home, with his sister and a Mommy and Daddy who care for them and the other kiddos in their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment