The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Life since TPR....

We lead a busy life around here. I think that God made each part of our personality as well as our body. Some of us like to be busy and doing things all the time and some like to lead a more restful and slower appoach to life. Neither one better, both just different. However, last year, because of epilepsy I was forced to take the slower road and learn to be ok with that. There are still things I am learning, but sometimes just having a slow day is great. I don't always have to be doing something. Which leads back to being busy. We are fairly busy, not NEARLY as much now that baseball is done, but in newer ways with the gym a new routine. I like this kind of busy though. It is a fun busy. Going here and there, piddling around and playing.
I have had many questions like, " so now that rights are terminated, is it all final then is she yours?" While I understand the question, we are still so far from that. From the legal aspect of her being ours. Also in this line of thinking I struggle within myself. Yes, she is ours, but she is also God's, and she was also someone else's little girl at one time too. But then I think again to myself, if I were ever in a situation like that I would have gone to the ends of the earth to retrieve my children. No mountain too high, no "stupid hoops" I wouldn't jump through. If I were told to run around singing mary had a little lamb through Pike's Place I would!!! ya know what I mean. When you are given all these opportunities and you dismiss them with nothing is ever your fault but always someone else's, it can tend to make a person less sympathetic toward you. What does that say of me? To have a calloused and cautious heart toward her. I don't know if that makes me wise to not be fooled knowing her ways, or harsh by not giving her more chances. With her for now, I feel like we have a big safety sign that says PROCEED WITH CAUTION. And quite honestly anyone else who chooses to just go for it with her is just looking for heartache. Her past behavior indicates this unfortunately.
 So legally after rights are terminated, we move to the adoptions department. And then wait some more. wait for the right people to get our files, and push it to the next set of people. Set up appointments for Little Miss, fill out more paperwork, and wait.
I am hoping that she will be adopted by the end of the year, that would be nice. But you just never know with the state.
Now as we said before we were opening our house to more foster kids. We are also in the wait mode for that. I think that it was important that we obeyed in a timely fashion with this, but ya know God may or may not have someone for us at this time. We just trust that everything goes according to His will. He has a plan for our lives and if we are walking with Him and trusting in Him then we know we are good no matter what happens:)

No comments:

Post a Comment