The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Wait. Pray. Obey.

So this morning I wanted to look back at a few of the verses that I had bookmarked during a bible study I had done during the 2011-2012 school year. This was an important bible study for me. I know that God was really working on my heart and my listening skills at this time. The study went through Esther, and if you know anything her she was adopted, by a relative. But more importantly the theme I was hearing throughout the study was..obey, be patient, obey.  Now if you know anything about me you know I am not super patient, I mean like if something exciting is happening I just am so excited I can't hardly wait. That kind of impatatient.
I can also have a tendancy to be a little scared or worried that it is too much of me and not enough HE. Second guessing things you could say. I still struggle with that a little, but to be honest stepping out like this still feels a little exciting/scary at the same time.
But He said to them, “Why are you so fearful? How it that you have no faith?”
 MArk 4:40 1/26/12
Yes, how can I have so little faith. I am not nearly alone. I have an awesome God who  has been faithful numerous times to help my scaredy cat self know that this is where he wants me. I have an amazing husband who has been walking this journey with me and SEEING the wonderful things God is doing with our lives.  And that is why I love this verse, it is a quick reminder, how on earth could I ever be afraid!! The SEAS obey HIM, the MOUNTAINS quake! Even if I am slightly apprehensive in obeying something my personal reasons are nothing compared to His commands. We must obey. And seriously if I told you some of the reasons why I was apprehensive about the next step coming up you would roll your eyes. Selfish, yep. that is me!
 

That leads us into THE NEXT STEP...
 
Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord.”
Luke 1:45
OK, so this verse I noted at the end of 2011, also the beginning of, well of everything shall we say. As before noted I had received confirmation that we would be adopting before Sweet Hubby did and had to wait "ever so patiently" while he prayed. But fast forward to our licensing appt. we told our licensor we were only interested in be licensed for one right now. The one we were planning to adopt. Yes, you can have a baby in your room for up to a year, so we could have gotten licensed for two, but just didn't want to.  I can remember (and it turns out she did too) exactly what I said when asked about how many to be licensed for, " oh maybe in a few years or something, but not now! " - please insert wild laughter-
Now let's fast forward a bit more sweet little bro comes, room starts to be built for him, sweet bro goes, room goes on halt for awhile- we get it to the finishing point but at finishing you still need roughly several hundred bucks. Paint, carpet/tile, fixtures, inspections, etc.  Plan for the room goes from bro's room to sewing room of my wildest dreams and mudroom. Well here is where a series of events happen. I begin working at the schools more, therefore  coming across many kids in state care.  Now I really only worked at one school this past year but still came across several cases, then also came across others at other schools. One could expect this being a teacher, but on some level I don't really expect kids to talk to a sub about all of this. That isn't really something you just open up to a sub about. Here is where the turning point happened... I came home one day and was just sharing about my day at work with hubbypants. This day happened to be a very sad one as it involved a state kiddo, teen, who had to move because foster parents were ill. Well what I expected him to say was, "ya, that is really sad I hope they find her a home." I was thinking this really sucks for her cause she is going to have to change high schools again. Here is what he said..." well we DO have an extra room." Here is what I said, " ohemgee." Needless to say, the room did not get done as she had to be moved in like 3 days but it did start a move in our hearts. Let's fast forward to about three months after this. We know we are supposed to make that room a space for kids in need, but we need the supplies. So it is BBQ sunday at church the kids are playing in the bounce house and I am chatting with a friend. I mention I have to go and check mistints and see if there are any good deals to get the room painted she tells me, " I have a 5 gal of cream I am never using. You can have it." Well God ok,  sure there is one thing check. I had called around about carpet but one night hubby just stopped at a place and came home with a remnant piece that had stains-which are no problem for him- and it was only 30 bucks! He grabbed the lighting stuff the same night and that weekend the room was done. Which leads us to this week....
I know this has been long, but I want this for my own record to folks because GOD is really this AWESOME!!!
This week we had two inspections and now our home is coded, then the licensor from the state came last night and licensed us to foster...so now we wait. and pray. We wait for a call and we pray for discernment about allowing the right kiddo into the house. We know that we are in God's Will right now and we pray for continued protection for our family as we continue to obey.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment