The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Because I love this...


Matt 19:6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. THerefore what God has joined together, let not man seperate."

This week I have been starting to pray and think about the next couple's event. Maybe I should go back a bit.... several years ago I went to a couple's dinner at church and had such a wonderful time I wanted to help with the next time. Over the next few years I learned the in's and out's - uh, am still learning- of how to throw and event for a crowd. I have also been blessed over the past few years to always have a partner in crime. Someone who wanted to "go for it" with me. That is what really makes everything come together, if you have God, a great partner, the event works out beautifully. So back to date...this year I had so much fun working on this project. I mean I really looked forward to everything. I was working with another Brooke and over the course of the planning found a great friend too! Our husbands were quite patient with the Brookes during this time as well:) This dinner was something I had not done before. It was a murder mystery, dinner, and dance. Previously we have only done dinner/dances. I must say that God just paved the way for this event. I was so nervous for things, and prayed hard for every little thing and God provided it! RIght down to the lights! I mean it was really just amazing how He took care of the little details of this event to really bless couple's for the night.
When we saw everything set up, it was really breathtaking. I mean everything we had imagined. I hope others had as much fun as we did and so here we are again.... thinking about another event. Because I love this. I love watching the couple's faces as they walk in. They just light up. I love seeing them gaze into eachother's eyes. I love giving people a night out where they can enjoy what God has joined together! I love being with my hubby too!
So a Spring fling, a Summer night out, try for something more on a regular basis like every other month. Just not sure yet. We had so much more help than ever before last time but we could always use more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment