The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happily at Home

TOday I am at home. I am watching Baby O chase her cousin A around trying to make him super A. He is unimpressed. So she is now the super hero, and he has the purse. I just confiscated a super sippy that was being used in mischevious ways. And while I am supposed to be figuring out what I am making for dinner. I am not. I do think it will involve rice somehow,  maybe. I don't know. Tonight is baseball practice annd whatever I do needs to be made quick and eaten quick. haha.

So where are we this wild ride? Well hopefully all goes well at the hearing today and Little Miss will be legally free, or one step closer. I believe there is a waiting period or something, as always we are just finding out everything at the time it is happening. Please note that when I say hopefully I do not take lightly the circumstances here. Obviously it would have been best for all the children to go back with their birth parents. However, there was no way for them to be with both sets of parents at the same time due to multiple fathers, but it still would have been best if they had gone back with their mother. I am saddened it didn't work that way, but that was by her choosing. Not the state, not the family, there is no one to blame but her. Because in her r eality she is a wonderful parent. It honestly pains me to see her this way because I know that she could be a wonderful mom, she has things gripping her.

While I am on this subject briefly I saw something this morning that sickened me. And I feel the need to speak about it. While I for sure know the faults of our foster care system, and I would love to see things change. I am also saddened when people accuse all foster parents of "being there for the money" and saying that everyone is bad. That CPS steals kids just to adopt them out and make money. That is disgusting. Those who have that oppinion obviously have not done their research. Foster Parents are not "getting paid" they are being reimbursed for another body to feed and take care of. Lessons, sports, clothes, dances, etc. And the notion that CPS swoops in and steals children to adopt out is totally absurd. Someone must have several reports for someone to even start checking, let alone to have their children taken away! Then to get to the point of being legally free is AT LEAST TWO YEARS but usually more like FOUR. People who enter into the FC system to care for these kids KNOW that they have no hope of adopting a baby. Or even a younger child. Those cases are few and far between. I know that there are horror stories but use your brains people, Media loves to report things that will grip you. How often do you hear about the heart warming, or average everyday things on the news. People that are minding their business, taking care of their children or the children of others, going to sporting events, making dinner. That is not newsworthy. So only the bad stuff sticks with people.

ok, I really didn't mean to go on a long rant, but thing I came across this morning just really tipped the scales. I hear this kind of thing all the time. About how FC parents are so awful and they only want money and anybody could be one yadda yadda yadda.

Back here in our home things are going wonderful, just day to day business as usual. Running to sports, cleaning. I suppose I am procrastinating a bit because I do have a ton of laundry to do and I want to reorganize the kitchen a little bit but look I am finding something else to do instead.

I am also in the process of setting up appts. for Little Miss. I don't know what I can and can't say about all of that stuff. privacy or whatever, but I do have to have somethings checked out.
Also a big deal for me what starting the beautiful baggage program. Along with that I orignally reset this blog back to private. Honestly for fear of my family. Ya just never know what they will say or not say, how they will respond to certain things. But then I realized, if I am going to stand out and be bold for what God has called us to do, I must be bold with all areas. Even a simple little blog. If they don't like how I feel. Then too bad I suppose. It won't be the first time this past year someone has not liked my view point! We know that we are doing what God has called us to do and that friends and family is all that matters. We hope people will stand by us, but all we need is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment