The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Mr. Homecoming

JD went to Homecoming. I will admit, when he came out of the dressing room while trying on clothes I felt a little emotional. I have no idea if this is normal or not. I have never parented a teenager or not. But just thinking about all that we have been through the past year and seeing him all done up and so handsome. Looking at him as he strutted in front of the mirror, a proud young man. One that has the confidence that grows every day. One that knows that he is loved, every day. I couldn't help it. I was slightly misty eyed.
JD took a sweet young lady to Homecoming with them. They are not "an item" so to speak. Just friends. She came over the weekend before for dinner. It must be overwhelming to come into our wild house haha. But she handled it well. She lives in a quiet apartment with just her parents. We live with 5 kids, and some chickens and ducks. I think she was amused.
JD had a wonderful night he said. He was even convinced he saw me at the picture taking area taking pictures, after mine and Hubby's speech about the bases. Again, I say to you. We have never parented a teenage, we were just teenagers once, so that is what we based our speech off of. That and good, solid morals. Don't use our speech to either judge us, or follow as parental guidelines haha!!! Buuuuttt here is what we told him:
JD we understand the temptations you might feel tonight to, make out with your wonderful lady friend, or whatever you want to call it. However, just know this. While we ex pect you to be a gentleman and walk her to the door, offer her your jacket. We do get that you may want to hold hands, give her a hug, or even a small kiss. Know that if attempt to round any more bases than that we will know. Don't worry about the how, we just will. Then Dad and I will show up, and make out right there. After. all, if that is what is fun to do. We don't want to miss out on all the fun... ***Please say this with much humor and sarcasm, as I sure did, then hubby made kissy face to me and JD did fake gagging and said, OK OK, I get it geeeeezzz you guys. GROOOOOSSSS!*** Like we should never kiss anymore. haha

Without further ado, here are his super cute pics





No comments:

Post a Comment