The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

That verse...

I keep thinking about the verse the Lord gave me when speaking about adoption. "Instead of your shame you shall have double honor; And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double; Everlasting joy shall be theirs." Is 61:7

The last bit is my best. Everlasting joy shall be theirs.
thanks God.
I don't deserve it.
but thanks
 
This little notion however, taught me a lesson. I thought. right where it said, in their land they shall possess double, I honestly prayed for a year people. I know God gave me this verse and I knew I was to have a girl of Native decent, I just didn't know it was to be my cousin until later. But I thought the "double" aspect would be in the form of two boys and two girls. I have now grown to realize that is not the case. What if God meant double as in we had three kids, be ready for six?  Or what if I was just so fixated on that word double for not a literal meaning at all for me. I have all ready been finding that indeed Everlasting Joy Shall Be Mine, when being obedient to His word and what he has planned for my life. I enjoy following what he has in store for our family. Is everything always super awesome and roses? no. But can I always find JOY somewhere?? Yes. Especially because God gave me her.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment