The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Friday, June 15, 2012

2 years in a snapshot

I feel like I need to write everything down because I am going to want to look back one day on all of this. I mean I have a journal in house where I write my inner-most personal feelings...sorry internet-land you are not privy to that, but you get a lot:)
So as you can imagine when we started looking into adoption we thought we would adopt a girl as we had two boys. Then I became pregnant with my beautiful daughter and obviously we ceased all plans on that. The thought crossed my mind that maybe this was God's plan. I desired a daughter and he gave me the desire of my heart. I mean wasn't this my perfect little family or was there another person out there meant to join our family created by God, but birthed by another. I was confused because I was happy, and trying to be content but still had the desire for adoption.

Jump forward a year-ish. You find us in the pride classes because we know that at some point we are going to want to move forward with adoption, but also my cousin's social worker seems to think that being foster parents would be a good idea for having my cousin's come to visit. Then we could be respite. As Nash and I walk into the office to go to class I can't help but notice the large picture of Native kids all dressed in regalia they have hanging right in their entry way. Cute pic, I think to myself, and move on.
30-ish hours of class later we are done. And what did we do with it. We sat on it. We did absolutely nothing with the paperwork, the cert, nothing until just about 2 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment