The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

I will praise you in this storm...

Well it sure has been awhile since I have blogged. And there are several reasons for that, we all know the number one reason...I am a lazy blogger. I should just change the title from "The Lamberson Fam" to "The Lazy Blogger!" sometimes I write and sometimes I don't, what of it!!! But actually over the month there have been a few other things going on in our lives, and the lives of those we love.
Four weeks and three days ago I lost my Aunt Kim to melanoma. She fought hard, but the battle was lost. She left behind my beautiful, talented, wonderful 18 year old cousin who graduates high school this week. And while we mourn for her, I can still see the blessings God was giving us. I am glad for that. The small church for her memorial was across the street from where they grew up as kids. I did not know this when calling. I called two places, each for different reasons and this was the place that called me back. My friends and family helping out back home and allowing me to stay the week up there on such short notice, a major blessing in my life. My friend Heidi volunteering with her sweet MIL to watch our kids during the service on a few days notice. I mean really the little blessing during that week just piled up, did it make everything all better. no. did I feel all great, and like I wasn't still mourning. no. But even though I was sad, I could def. see that prayers were being answered. And THAT, my friends, was awesome.
Then as the week of blur came to a close and we were headed home we hit an elk coming over the pass. I remember thinking, seriously. Like really, now?!? Why NOW!!?? The kids were screaming, I was sceaming. The car was smoking. Garry and Tracie were backing up on the freeway. I panicked, which I normally don't do and called Dad- who was an hour and half a way and screamed we hit and elk! Come get us!!" Only to regain composer slightly and call a friend a half hour later and have dad meet us at their house.And sweet Cody txt one of his friends and they just showed up to the crash site, it was really a blessing. I looked out the window and there were some familiar faces helping us into cars. The to top all of that off Nash and his parents had to leave me and the kids to go home because there was a job the next day. I was a wreck, inside. But had to keep it together for the kids. Hudson was completly freaked out, and is still a little afraid. Especially of the dark. Car was totaled. My WONDERFUL Bro in law took me to gather our stuff from the wreckage and to meet up with my best friend. And as we pulled into the parking lot to meet with Lisa it hit me. I looked at Jerry and said... I think this has been an attack. An AC compressor that is brand new doesn't just go out for no reason. It stumped Nash and the AC guys. Then the week I got the call to go to Aunt Kim we were planning on turning in our homestudy paperwork. So that was all put on hold, and now let's just total the car for good measure.
Some words of a friend came to mind, she said just be prepared. It always seems that when you are doing something great for God and you are in His will Satan will try to throw a wrench in it, and make you question things. You will have a car problem, or some random thing will go awry. I kind of laughed and said "oh yeah right." I don't think I will laugh anymore.
I got home and told Nash what I thought and he said it is a good thing we are poor losers. Satan picked the wrong team to attack. :) We plan to obey what God has lined out for us and we know it must be something great.
Yesterday, we bought our new burb, and this one has a dvd player in it! upgrade!
Two weeks ago we turned in our homestudy paperwork. I just scheduled our fingerprinting, and it looks like we just got another checklist thing. Soon they will be coming to our house. We have prayed for a long time about this God is faithful and we are obedient. The next few months are bound to be an adventure. We can wait to see what God has in store for us.

James 1:22-27
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment