The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Then the tears came...

So the other week there was a court date. It was mainly for Little Miss' older sister but we were told that whenever there is a court case it can involve all children. Some other events happened, which I will not really get into here, mainly because it isn't anybody's business haha. But the ultimate outcome which while sad in many ways is happy. I always have mixed emotions because I want to feel totally happy but I feel a little guilty because my happiness is the result of someone who I was once close with sadness. 
So here is the latest from court. Termination AND adoption paperwork filed. More waiting. haha. I don't know what comes next. I never do. Everything is a waiting game and a guessing game. There could be a surprise, good or bad around every corner we turn with this. I just have to try to stay a step ahead.
When I heard this news I was just so overcome. It had been a crazy week, I had a friend over and as I hung up the phone I was trying to hold back tears and I couldn't. She was saying just go for, let it flow lady. I needed that. I was happy, I was excited, I was sad for my cousin, that she couldn't get her life together and it came for this. I was relieved that things were finally moving. I felt like I could breathe.
For now, we are happy. Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment