The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Joy...

Each child has a "coming into this world story." It involves Mommy and Daddy waiting a long 9 months for them, praying for them, thinking up different names, deciding on the perfect one, how they decided on a name. Then going to the hospital everyone visiting and taking pictures, oohing and aaahing, special baby things. Think about your own baby story, your children's. Every person has a story about how they got to the family they were in. With a child who is adopted that story is a little different. No matter where they are adopted from, US, International, family member, that child needs their own Story. Something that they can think about, something that when family time comes at school, they know something to write down. Here is Little Miss' Story. I write this for one main purpose, while I verbally say this whenever she wants, I want it in written form somewhere. And at somepoint I will make this into a family book....

All kids start in a Mom's tummy somewhere. There are kids all over the world who are in Mommy's tummies. Some kids stay with those Mommies and Daddies and live their forever. And some kids get to live with another Mommy and Daddy. Either way God is watching out for that little boy or girl the whole time. God told us that we would get to have another girl, we just would not know how old she was. He also told us that "everlasting joy shall be theirs." He is sending us joy forever. I started asking her last week who she thought might be the joy that God sent here, and she said it was her:) Yes, child, it was YOU. God had a plan for you. It might be different than what anyone ever thought it would be, but his plan is perfect and your Momma and Daddy are willing to obey!
I was also asking her what she thought of the name Joy and if she liked it with the nickname that we call her sometimes... and yes eventually, after finalization I will use real names on here:) She said yes that she did like that. - she does not know her middle name really as it was not really used previously very much for whatever reason- but here I use my kids middle names alot. I figure I picked two names I like I don't want to just use them when they are in trouble, lol. Soooo all this to explain we will be using JOY for her middle name. It has always just seemed like the "right" fit.
She has found her forever home and her forever name.
 
Everlasting:
lasting for ever: never failing or coming to an end
2. lasting long time: continuing indefinitely or for a long time
3. incessant: going on for too long and becoming tedious or annoying
"everlasting grumbling"

No comments:

Post a Comment