The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Orphan Sunday

God calls us to care for the orphans. I wonder as I sit here and type this how many people listen to that call, or think that they misunderstood what God said and just move on. I know that I thought I def. misunderstood. for years. Did I want to help, of course sure. Did I have a desire, yes absolutely. But did I think that it could really happen, I was a little unsure. How did I know that God was talking to me?
Growing up I can say that I didn't really know what it meant to "hear" God's voice. I think that some have a walk with the Lord at a young age and some don't. While I knew without a doubt there was a God, I did not walk with him until older. And yes, folks there is a drastic and dramatic difference. As in previous posts God began sharing with me about His plan for our life with adoption. I think that plan is still unfolding. I think that we are still in the begining stages of what He has in store. I am just glad that we are along for the ride. The more I lean on Him the more I find out about what He has for us.
I hope that some of you will do the same. Don't be afraid to trust, to search, to ask what is God's plan for your life. He has a different plan for each of you.
And today, pray for an orphan. There are so many waiting all over the world and also right here at home. Near and dear to my heart there are those that are "handicapped" by their race. Native Americans, who are in most cases required to be adopted by another Native family. One that just doesn't exist. THere just are not enough families out there with tribal blood willing to adopt. Willing to follow the call.
http://www.pewtrusts.org/news_room_detail.aspx?id=31250
THis article is older, but the numbers are only growing. More kids, less homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment