The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Business as usual

I mentioned before about the art of dealing with sw-ers. And some are great and some, we have been blessed to get an adoption sw that is just wonderful! One who actually cares about the interest of the child. What most people don't realize is that it is a sw'ers job to be concerned about reunifying the parent with the child. They are to only switch gears to permanent placement after the allotted time goes by. 2 year in wa state by the way. But here is the thing, some sw'ers are not able to switch gears, or maybe they are just so ready to be done with your case by the time it gets to you (adopted) parent, that they are ready to do anything and everything to get it off of their load as quick as possible.
We are experiencing this. I won't go into specific details right now, but if you have questions about the process please contact me and I will be happy to share with you.
On a positive note.... We have an amazing adoption sw. This woman has just shed so much light into our darken path. At times it has felt like we walked a road without knowing where the next step would be, counting on the help of someone only looking out for their own interests. Now we have someone who shares our same goals, the best interest for our family.
Today Lord, I thank you for your timing, and for covering us with an amazing licensor, and amazing adoption social worker. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment