The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

going public

Well I have thrown the idea of taking my blog of the private setting for awhile now. But I will admit that fear has been what has kept me back.
Fear of particular family members seeing my most intimate thoughts- concerning the adoption.
Fear of sharing more of myself as in being put out there where just anyone could search and find me.
And then I realized, this, dear Momma, is not about you. It is about God. It is about what God is doing in your life and why should you not rest all of your self on Him. Don't just lean on Him when you get tired, lay there! Snuggled up and nestled in you Daddy's lap. I can't think of a better way to describe what he wants for all of us and I need to remember that kind of faith as we are walking through this and as I struggle with all of these challenges.
"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."
 
I want to seek whatever God has for me and I want to have faith that is pleasing to Him. The hubs and I know that whatever God's plans are going to be are so much better than our own if we can just. let. go.
So even for me, if that means letting this go public, I am feeling a peace about it now. If you would have asked me a month ago I would have said no way. I just know that there is a need for more information out there. Whether it is another Momma sharing her journey or local info, I can't deny when I have been uproached twice in one week looking for more information about foster and foster adoption.
So Lord, I give even my piddely little blog to You. Please use it to glorify You.
 
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Rom 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment