The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

First mom on my mind....

We are having a little visit this weekend. Little Miss' sister(14) is here visiting along with my other cousin (12). Whoever thinks that having everything "all in the family" is the easier way to go when navigating the state system is an idiot. It is not easy. Not at all. Strangers have no emotional ties previous to entering the case...family does. I DO feel like I lost my cousin (first mommy) and even more hurtful, by her own choice. She could call and talk to me if she wanted and I would gladly update her, I do however think that Little Miss is not ready to talk with her. One day, yes. Today is not that day.
I wish I could find a way to express everything to sweet sister, help her understand that we are not trying to take her away. Just add. We were given the gift of another daughter and we take that seriously, we would love for her to feel cozy too. 14 is such a hard age and had her momma been able to get it together she would have been a good mom. I can understand that she must mourn for that loss.
I started this post the first day that they were here.i felt that the weekend went well. But at the same time like I was kind of walking on egg shells. Plus little miss was acting just odd. Like she was trying to show off or something. Not being her normal self. It was very weird. I was glad to have this time with both girls so that big sister could see that we are just a normal home. Not trying to steal anything away from her or first mom, just moving forward. By the end of the visit, while I was happy with it, I feel as though big sis is still desperately trying to hold on to her fragmented family. I get that. Heck I might even do the same if in her situation. I just hope at she can eventually realize that we are a family too.
Then it happen... First mom had her 4th baby, causing even more drama. As always she will have the chance to raise this one. Each child is treated as a different case. I hope for her, that she is clean. She deserves a chance at a happy life and I hope she gets it. But that will be up to her, she needs to make better choices in her life.


No comments:

Post a Comment