The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Family feuds...

As previously mentioned I said it would be much easier to adopt someone who was a non family member than one who was. I stand by that conclusion. I have had nothing but a rude barrage of assaults from some family when this is supposed to be a happy time in my family. It makes want to not be around them! I keep turning the other cheek only to keep getting slapped.
I want people to remember that blood is not the end all be all of family! Blood is just a name. The people who we live with, who take care of us, that is our family. I am tired of people putting a higher placement on some kids over others. That is mean. Think of children who are adopted from overseas. Should we get all bent out of shape tht they are not having contact with their birth siblings? No their family is their family. That is that. Why do we place such high importance on blood in America. Blood is what orphaned them. Would I love to be getting together at family functions, yea sure.
Would I love to have some of the siblings to visit!
Without a doubt!
But ya know what makes me leery about family? Some of the people in it. People who can't get over themselves, and keep trying to make things hard for my little family. Just leave us alone already. Please. I won't subject my children to such vileness.

No comments:

Post a Comment