The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Monday, July 23, 2012

A morning "quiet" time

So it is Monday morning, I sit out here with Liv on her potty, my glorious cup of joe, trusty bible, and The Fresh Beat Band. That is how a quiet time roles in my house. Nash is still asleep, well he was, actually now as I am typing this he has just woken up and is coming out grabbing his coffee and says "are you blogging." haha But previously it was just us girls. Not a totally typical morning as I have the carpet rolled up because I am desperately trying to get this cute two year old to pee in her potty:/

It seems like this journey we are on is, well just that, a journey. Ever changing, every developing, ups and downs. We have known that there would be court cases coming up but just didn't know when, we just learned that the first one is soon. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. As I was praying this morning I just asked God please, let Your will be done in all of this. We are just here to serve, whatever the outcome, we are willing. In the morning Nash and I usually read together, we are reading from James right now, but since I was on my own I just opened to wherever I had my marker in last, because I am lazy ok. I didn't feel like going to get my phone from the bedroom which has my indivdual study on it and so I just opened up, come on ya know ya do it to sometimes, it is fun a mystery ya don't know what you will get:) Well here is what I got.
Isaiah 41
In this chapter there are two uses of a courtroom scene to make a point. They are both used when talking about false gods and also about The rising up of Cyrus as ruler, my point was that I just found it interesting that there were TWO courtroom scenes in the one chapter I read this morning. And then there was the bit that stuck with me which I will share with you all now...

"I have chosen you and have not cast you away:
Fear not, for I with you.
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strenthen you,
Yes I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41: 10

So there ya go, this is what I have to believe. A child was chosen. Not cast away, we were chosen for her.

1 comment:

  1. How cool is this :) I love when God speaks through the word.

    ReplyDelete