The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Full of nuggets

I started this post a few days ago and I finish it while watching the kids our by the pool.... James was full of glorious little nuggets that morning. While I was sitting and planning to enjoy my coffee there were other little wonderful things gifted to us.

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was." James 1:22-24 How often do we hear only but not act when we are called to? Are we given several chances to be a doer? I guess I kind of think so. I mean we didn't go right out at the first sign of adoption and adopt the first kid in sight. I think for some people it is more of a journey. Is this what God has really called us to do? Then acting on it. ...and then there was this.... James 1:27 NKJV 27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. I think it speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment