The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

"But let PATIENCE have its perfect work..." James 1:4

If you know me- at all- you know I am very patient in some areas and not patient in others. Gimme a room full of children, I am flippin' Mother Theresa...ok too far-ish. You all so know I am dripping with sarcasm, hiiii:) Anywho, ask me to wait for something, it just kills me. I have a million and one questions. Why, who, what, where, how long, how come , the possibilites are endless!!!!
I have had times in my life where I have had waiting trials before, where it was clear I was to wait for one reason or another. Or maybe the whole point of what was going on was to make me wait, to teach me more on patience. You would think I would have gotten the message...message.not.recieved.

"My bretheren, count in all as joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience."

I would say I am experiencing a trial, and one that is bound to teach me patience. Have you ever had someone tell you that you can't drive for 6 mo? Welcome to my world. When I had the seizure last month I knew it would happen. I had a feeling after it happened that even though there was no aura, that I could pinpoint, no more Harley (my dog) to start acting weird when my body gets off, I already knew what caused it. I was right. As I sat in my neuro appt. my dr. asked if there had been any added stress lately, I nodded saying I recently lost my Aunt. I may bottled up my emotions concerning that. She then asked if I had been getting enough rest, and something about excercise I think. Which was when the hubs pipes us with "yea she was getting like hardly any sleep and getting up to work out at like 5 am. Basically everything I had thought contributed, did. Now what I am learning from all of this, well it seems to be a forced lesson in slowing down. Especially since I can't drive.
Am I sad about not driving, I think I was frusterated last night, annoyed is more like it. But you know the song... I fought the law and the law won. Well I am not going to do that lol. Too much is at risk, and besides, doesn't He know what is better than Me? If He wants me home right now, and taking things easy, then maybe there is something really awesome on my homefront? And if not, I am saving some major gas money!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this one! And the part about saving gas is a "woo hoo" kinda thing!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete