The Gang

My photo
Let me tell you about our crew... Momma L- I dig pretty shoes- that are comfy. And coffee, I love coffee. Big Daddy- He is gonna cringe if he sees this, lol. I also dig that. He loves playing basketball with the kiddos. JD- He is 14. He is sarcastic. He is a freshman in HS. He is a regular teen. Annoyingdotcom. I heart that. HN- 9 yr old math wiz and future rap star. Well at least that is how he sees himself. He currently is enjoying beatboxing, reading, and anything techy. Little Miss- 8 years old, loves my little ponies and her critters. She loves all things pretty. HW- 7 years old and if it has to do with construction,garbage trucks, or wild life...he's there! He is my little funny man. Baby O- 4 years old and fancies herself fancy. She enjoys all things dolly, tea party, or shopping related.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

sunny days

So my Mom has been here the past two weeks basically, and it has been a blast. I would say that I have been enjoying restful lazy days, and in some ways that is true. We have had our fair share of afternoons by the pool with the kiddos, but I have also been totally taking advantage of her being here by getting loads of junk around the house. My house is really in great shape now. All that is left is the girls room... yes girls. Ya sure I know nothing is final yet, but whether it is little miss S that joins us or another girl it will be a girls room at some point:) So now all I have is just to keep up on the day to day stuff. WHich don't get me wrong is no small thing. But I am glad for it. I sometimes wonder if my Mom thinks I have bit off more than I can chew. lol. I think we are just cut from different molds. She likes things a little less busy, I love lots going on all at the same time. I thrive on being busy.
I think though what I have learned in times of high stress, such as when my Aunt died is that there somes a point when instead of not talking, or feeling like I need to hold things in for the benefit of others, to talk to someone. My way of  coping through that was to control what I could, how much I worked out, which at that moment was a little too much. Though one would think with all of that working out I would have at least slimmed down a little more, I mean..sheesh!! But anyways... learning, always learning.
I am ready to get back to the way things were, my family routines. I am slightly annoyed that things have to be altered until dec. I am annoyed that I have to inconvience others for rides until then. But if I want to go to the gym, I am stuck, I have to. At least while it is still hot out. But what can ya do? Just wait...
So while mom was here, we have worked out, taken the kids to a movie, cleaned this house like 2 crazy cleaning fairies, enjoyed some pool days, it has been a super blast! I can't wait until they are back in the state again. Right now the boys are over at Tracie's house probably trying to whoop their granny's booties. Good times right there...good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment